Saturday, December 15, 2018
You Might Be A Sikh If:
1. You or another family member have PTC going while in the living room
2. You've ripped through a pair or two of your kachera
3. You've gone to use to bathroom...but then realize you've tied your kachera too tight
4. You've tied your turban...just to realize you forgot to put your kangha in
5. You're writing or typing and your kara constantly hits the desk
6. You're asked how to pronounce your name
7. You're asked "What's that thing on your head?"
8. You got a harmonium, tabla, taliyaan, chimta, dhol, etc. at your house
9. You've been mistaken for Muslim (or called Osama)
10. You have a khanda on the back of your car or in your front windshield
11. You drink cha almost on the daily (don’t forget the bisquits!)
12. You have a room solely dedicated to Guru ji or you’re on sacred altar like thing
13. You spend $20 or more on shipping to purchase religious items (mostly talking to American Sikhs here)
14. You go over another Sikh’s house and the first thing they want to do is feed you (and don’t you dare reject it)
15. You find kangas just randomly around the house
16. You wake up for Amritvela...just to fall back asleep five minutes later
17. You get hyped everytime you see a Sikh person on television
18. Your profession is related to the medical field, business world, police department, military, or politics
19. You’re a poet, artist, musician, singer, or writer
20. People look at your turban...but you can obviously tell they’re afraid to ask questions
21. You can’t just walk into a store and find something related to your faith (which is way easier for other religions)
22. You wonder why we celebrate others holidays more than our own
23. If you were mistaken for a girl as a kid (talking about Keshdhari guys here)
24. Christian missionaries take one look at you and start heading your way
25. You have WhatsApp (on a serious note, I didn’t even know Whatsapp existed until becoming a Sikh. Only immigrant communities have it).
26. You tell a person you’re SIKH and they say “Oh, I’m so sorry” *facepalm*
27. You try looking up shabads during kirtan and literally just Punjabi Artists singing it comes up
28. You tell you’re non-Sikh friend you got a samagam/nagar kirtan to go to and they’re like “Huhhhh???”
29. Prashad is bae
30. You see another Sikh in public and you get hyped
So that’s all I can think of. Feel free to comment down below stuff I might have missed. GurFateh
With the blessing and a request from the author, today I will be giving my opinions on the written piece called "Sikh Spiritual ...
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa! Waheguru ji ki Fateh! This post (is for those who are interested in converting into Sikhism (properly called Sikh...
Warning: This is going to be a LONG one. Or maybe it's just long to me. Idk. Just read it. Forgive me for my grammar as well. I'm go...
*Before getting into this months blog, I would like to draw your attention to the left. If you click on the three white bars up at the top, ...